Delaware Coalition For Open Government
“In the four decades since the Freedom of Information Act was passed . . .
it has become one of our greatest democratic reforms, allowing citizens to
hold the government accountable by scrutinizing public documents and
records. It’s our national sunshine law.”
Corpus Christi Caller-Times EditorialFull Story ▸
What We Do
- work with the Attorney General on enforcement of the FOI law.
- work cooperatively on access with all branches and levels of government.
- offer programs that bring people together to talk about access issues.
- survey our legislators on the level of their support for open government.
- seek to inform and aid those experiencing difficulty gaining access to information from their state and local governments.
- serve as a resource for FOIA filings and related lawsuits.
- take part in national recognition of Sunshine Week.
- answer questions and provide resources online.