Individuals, journalists, lawyers, government officials; civic, professional and non-profit organizations; academic centers – all who believe that a government of the people, by the people, and for the people, should also be open to the people!
Why Should You Join DELCOG
Because your participation is vital.
- Your membership helps support the work of DELCOG, an association of citizens and organizations whose common purpose is to ensure the public’s right to oversee its government through the use of public access laws.
- Your voice, when joined with that of others, can help stop unwarranted secrecy — in the statehouse, in the courthouse, in city hall — and can help ensure increased openness and accountability in state and local government. In Delaware:
- Access to public records is being increasingly and widely restricted by the destruction of documents, arbitrary denial, extended delays or prohibitive cost. And that affects all of us.
- The control of electronic public records is being dominated by private vendors who can charge exorbitant sums for access, viewing, and copies. And that affects all of us.
- Your tax-deductible contributions enable DELCOG, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, to offer programs about and broaden support for good government and help us maintain this Web site. Our Tax ID # is 31309.
Because you can be actively involved in work that will benefit all citizens in the First State. You can participate on committees to
- help ensure ease of access as well as access at a reasonable cost.
- plan programs that will shed more light on the public’s right to know how its government operates.
- prepare educational reports or other publications.
- explore and define other critical FOI issues and initiatives and make recommendations for individual or collective action.